Friday, April 4, 2008

Abbey is reading!!!


Now this may not seem like news that deserves 3 exclamation points, but let me give you the details - First, Abbey is only 4.5 AND second, one of my biggest fears when I was considering home schooling was that I wouldn't be able to teach the girls to read. That fear has been conquered (THANK YOU JESUS!!) and success has been achieved. Now I have two little readers and I couldn't be more thrilled or proud. So far this week, she has read all the books you see (granted they're only 6-8 pages long, but that's not what's important). The coolest thing of all is that she WANTS to read and asks me to sit down and read with her. I'm in a "pinch me I must be dreaming' state. It's just to good to be true. I pray that with God's help I can continue to develop a love of learning in both my girls. For now though, I will bask in the glow of having two children who know how to read! What a delight!


No comments: