Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Where does the time go??

It's been almost a month since I've posted anything! I've meant to post, I've had lots to write about, it just seems that there are never enough hours in the day, days in the month...well, you get the picture. Here are some things that are going on with us.

1)Jacey accepted Christ as her personal savior on April 20th. Well, that's the official date that she went down front at church. She started talking about it on April 13th and I think that's the official date. This is just to important, so I'll have a separate entry about this later.

2)We finished Life School Musical at church. Production date was May 4th and it was FABULOUS!! Again, it is worthy of it's own post, and I will get to that soon hopefully! Thanks to my friend Jenny D. I will be able to put up a clip of Jacey singing her first solo ever. She also danced in the musical, but being technically challenged like I am, I can't figure out how to get the recorded dance out of the recorder and onto the computer. Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.

3)The girls had their first piano recital on May 10th. I will have pictures in the future, but for now they are in an old-time camera that requires development. Our digital camera broke on our hike up to Anna Ruby Falls. That hike actually deserves it's own post as well, so that makes three things I now need to post about.

4) Soccer season is over YEAH!!!! It was a lackluster season and I'm not sure we'll be playing again in the fall. There are several reasons, but mostly it's the time involved vs. the return on investment. Once ballet is over (end of this month) we probably won't be doing it again in the fall either, mostly for the same reason.

5) Abbey is finishing up her pre-k work and will be ready for Kindergarten in just a few weeks. She's really come along way this year in her number recognition (8 and above) and her ability to write legibly. She doesn't LIKE to write and complains about it a lot, but the hard work is definitely paying off!

6) Jacey is working HARD on her reading and phonics books. She's done with books 1 and 2 and should be done with 3 and 4 by the end of June. We didn't start this program until November which is why she seems a little behind. She's doing great though and she is becoming a really good reader. Her comprehension amazes me. She finished her Kindergarten math (Math-u-see) in March so we've kind of been taking a 'math-break'. She said today though that she wanted to get back to working on math so that's what we'll do.

We had ballet recital pictures last Friday. While I don't have the pictures back yet, our cousin Stephanie thought to bring her camera to the photo shoot. Here are a few pictures of the princesses. The little girl with Jacey and Abbey is Catherine, she's their cousin.



3 comments:

Mama D! said...

those are some mighty cute ballerinas. Give Jacey a big hug from me... welcome to the family! what a huge step

Mama D! said...

I expected to see a new post from your vacation. What have you been doing? Laundry or something? :)

Michelle said...

I just found your blog from "Just the D's"...love the photos of the girls!!! (((hugs)))